Thursday, March 29, 2007

Myriad and Meridian

Let me explain my name, Myriadian (pronounced Mihreeahdeeun), first and then I'll explain why I'm interested in blogging (for I am new to the blogger's world). Myriadian has a two-part meaning. First, it contains the word Myriad. Over the years, I have noticed that I have a myriad mind--one filled with many thoughts. However, they are not empty thoughts, but rather, thoughts filled with questions, meaning and purpose--at least to a person who does not practice extremism, prejudice, fanatacism and so forth.

Second, Myriadian sounds like and contains the last few letters of the word Meridian. Meridian denotes a middle of sorts, where all things unite and perhaps combine into one. I, like Einstein, wish that it were possible to be a listened-to pacifist, one who could help the world reach a Zionistic state, wherein all people meet in the middle on issues, practices, politics, wealth, dreams and on and on. Alas, such is not possible on a global scale in the world in which we live, so I'll allow my passions to be bridled and hope to reach the few who will read my blog.

Now that my introduction is complete, let me tell you why I want to blog. It is incredibly difficult in this world to publish material, for instance in book form. Finding an agent is almost impossible and without an agent, a publisher has little desire to acknowledge one's existence. So perhaps a blog might allow me, someday, to raise my voice and let it be heard. Indeed, I wish to some day be able to say like Sir Winston Churchill that history will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.

I am a man of the middle. I vote for people, not party. If a Republican has rational ideas, I'll vote for them. If a Democrat has rational ideas, I'll vote for them. Their ideas, of course, must contain a plan of action to better the American people. The same would go for any country's government, I suppose. I also believe that all men and women are created equal as Thomas Jefferson so wisely suggested. I believe that the issues of our day such as evolution and religion, politics, war and so forth have a resolution, a place to meet in the middle. There is a caveat, however, that most of the world realizes, but with which does not wish to conform. And though the world has progressed to a point that loads of information are available with the click of a button; though it has progressed to a point that economies are incalculable complexities; though it has progressed to a point where the sky is the limit, we still have failed to conform to this caveat. The caveat is that someone has to bend--otherwise known as sacrifice.

Let me explain. There are times in life when I wish everything would go my way. During those times I call myself Myriadian-centric, wherein all I think about is myself. Sound familiar? However, during those times, there are people around me that have greater needs. In fact, the more I think about it, most of my needs are wants. So what should I/we do?

Through my blogging experience, I hope to suggest that when any of us is presented with such a situation, wherein we find ourselves wanting more than the man next to us or holding on to a need that is much more needed by another, that we find it in our hearts to understand one another, that we find the deeper meaning of life--human compassion and understanding. So for now, let's leave it at that and we'll see where this journey takes us.

No comments: